Online Genealogy News
Stay updated on additions to online record collections. We’ll share updates about new collections posted by the major genealogy websites, societies, and more.
You’ll see weekly updates (usually) about each of these sites, when they post:
- MyHeritage (WorldVitalRecords)
- British Newspaper Archive
- Deceased Online
As we hear about online records published by local societies and archives, we’ll add them too, so please let us know about those new collections.
If you are interested in digitizing your collections, stay tuned for more information on that topic.
Partner with Us
GenVines Runners are those who are passionate about genealogy, want to focus on a specific location or topic, and want to make a difference in the world of online genealogy. Learn more.
We would also love to partner with any individuals or organizations who perhaps can’t be a Runner, but would like to be involved in other ways. Contact us to ask about other partnership possibilities.
Our mission is two-fold:
- Educate the genealogy community about new online genealogy resources
- Help to accelerate the pace of moving genealogy records online
We do that by:
- Publishing news about new collections posted online
- Publishing news about projects available for indexing
- Teaching how to search and find information in online collections
- Reaching out to record providers to talk with them about digitizing their records
(Well, ok, these last two are ones we want to do more of but are still working towards.)
GenVines was created by Janell Vasquez. She got her start in genealogy with a simple class on beginning family history research, and left college with a full-fledged degree in family history. She loves solving problems and piecing the puzzle of her family’s lives together. She created this site after being frustrated, knowing how much is being placed online, but having no idea how to keep up with it all. She hopes this can help you keep up with things too.