Keeping up with Worldwide Online Genealogy Publishers
Genealogy websites try to keep us informed when they publish new or updated collections. They each let us know a little differently.
Here is a list of where to keep updated with the largest sites who publish records from around the world. Create a bookmark folder, add all of these in, and check on them every once in a while.
There are two ways to follow FamilySearch updates:
- All collections, sortable by date
- FamilySearch blog – Genealogy Records category
- Note: There’s nothing that updates us on the books they digitize, but they are definitely adding them all the time, so that’s another site to be aware of.
There are 3 places to follow Ancestry updates:
- List of collections, ordered by most recently updated
- All collections, sortable by date: US / UK / Canada
- Ancestry.com blog – Collections category (not all collection additions are mentioned here)
Follow MyHeritage by location, or follow their blog to hear about some of the larger record additions.
- MyHeritage Locations pages
- MyHeritage News Blog
- World Vital Records – recent content additions (MyHeritage search includes everything that’s been added to World Vital Records within a few days of additions.)
Findmypast has a collections page, and they also share information about new genealogy record collections and updated collections on their locality-specific blogs.
- List of all collections / See what’s changed
This list does not share the date the collections were added, so the “See what’s changed” is a Change Detection page that will show when collections are changed or added. Change Detection is my secret weapon for following those hard-to-follow websites.
- Findmypast.com US Blog
- Findmypast.co.uk UK Blog
- Findmypast.ie Ireland Blog
- Findmypast.com.au Australia Blog
Are you a blogger who shares collection updates on a specific topic or locality? Let me know! I’ll add you to the list.