Genealogy News Directory
These are the must-follow genealogy news blogs for the specific areas where you are researching.
- BritishGENES, by Chris Paton - Top stories concerning British Isles ancestral research.
- Paul Milner Genealogy, by Paul Milner – Resources, research, and book reviews for the British Isles.
- Irish Genealogy News, by Claire Santry - New record releases, interviews, research tips, and more.
- Genealogy à la carte, by Gail Dever – A daily blog with roots in the Quebec region and branches into all of Canada and even sometimes the US.
- Genealogy Canada, by Elizabeth Lapointe - A daily blog about Canadian genealogy, heritage, and history.
- Indiana Genealogical Society Blog - The Indiana Genealogical Society publishes many databases in their members-only section, and sometimes shares news about other online resources.
- Laurel Roots, by Laurel Busch - News and information about Kansas online databases.
- Detroit Society for Genealogical Research – Shares news of general interest but also Detroit and Michigan-specific news.
- Laurel Roots, by Laurel Busch – News and information about Missouri online databases.
- New Mexico Genealogical Society Blog - Includes not only news about the society but also about other online (and local) publications.
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society Blog - The NYG&B Society blogs about new online databases from many different websites.
- A Quiltwork of Lives, by Michele Doyle – Up-to-date information on online resources in North Carolina.
- Ohio Genealogical Society Blog – Shares updates to Ohio records on Chronicling America (newspapers) and occasionally other sites.
- Ohio Historical Society Collections Blog - Includes information about new online collections through their website as well as other major Ohio resources.
- A Quiltwork of Lives, by Michele Doyle – Up-to-date information on online resources in Pennsylvania.
About the Directory
There is so much that goes into creating, publishing, and sharing online genealogy records. And we have so far to go! This directory brings three areas of this life-cycle together:
- Records Publishers – Organizations who publish online records.
- Volunteer Projects - Volunteer indexing projects that can be done from anywhere, to help get more records online.
- News Bloggers – Genealogists who share news and information about these online genealogy resources.